Ryan concentrates his practice on patent infringement and technology-based, complex commercial litigation. He also has experience writing and prosecuting patent applications involving a wide variety of technologies, including telecommunications, software, electronics, and mechanical and medical devices. Before joining the firm, he was an associate at Fulbright & Jaworski LLP.
Ryan received his law degree from the Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law. While in law school, he was a member of the SMU Law Review. He was also a member of SMU’s Duberstein National Bankruptcy Moot Court Team and served as a judicial extern for Judge D. Michael Lynn of the Northern District of Texas. Upon graduation Ryan was inducted into the Order of the Coif.
Ryan received his Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin in 2002. He worked as a control systems engineer at Petrofac, Ltd. after graduating from the University of Texas.
Ryan is a member of the State Bar of Texas. He is also admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas.
Southern Methodist University
Doctor of Jurisprudence
University of Texas – Austin
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
Areas of Practice
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Intellectual Property Licensing
- Inter Partes and Covered Business Method Review
- Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Arbitration
- Intellectual Property Portfolio Development and Counseling
- State of Texas
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
Publications & Presentations
- “Court Strengthens Open Source Protection,” Fulbright Briefing, August 2008.
- “State Aid, the Growth of Low-Cost Carriers in the European Union, and the Impact of the 2005 Guidelines on Financing of Airports and Start-Up Aid to Airlines Departing from Regional Airports,” 71 J. Air L. & Com. 341 (2006).
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
*Not licensed to practice in Illinois.